I work at the Pittsford Animal hospital, which I LOVE. I can say that I truly enjoy going to work because I know I will see at least a couple puppies, and kittens and many full grown pets of all different breeds. In my opinion the best "free" therapy you can get is pet therapy. So anyways, our animal hospital is the place where most local towns animal control officers' bring the dogs that they find to be kenneled and taken care of until their owner claims them. I would say about 80% of the time their owner picks them up that day or the next day. After 5 days the animal is able to be put up for adoption. It is so sad the number of animals that come in and their owner never picks them up or tries to look for them. We don't know their name, history or anything. Last week an animal control officer brought in a chocolate lab puppy that was probably 6 weeks old (soooooo cute) that he thought was just dumped! She was the sweetest thing ever. Today she was adopted by a wonderful family which was so nice to see! If the animal is not adopted out of our hospital within about 10 days the animal control officer usually takes it to Lollipop Farm to try to get adopted there. After that we really don't know what happens to the animal, if they get a good home or not. It is so sad sometimes, because after they are there for so long we all get so attatched. I have to say that everyone who works there has at least one animal that they adopted from animal control! I however am maxed out with 2 dogs that are already a handful! But when the time comes and we are looking for another dog I will definately wait until the perfect dog is left out by their owner and brought to us and give it a good home. So I guess the whole point of my story is if you know anyone that is looking to adopt a dog, puppy, or even kitten let me know and I will be on the lookout. We very frequently get purebred dogs that need a home!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
DOGS, PUPPIES, AND KITTENS...OH MY!
I work at the Pittsford Animal hospital, which I LOVE. I can say that I truly enjoy going to work because I know I will see at least a couple puppies, and kittens and many full grown pets of all different breeds. In my opinion the best "free" therapy you can get is pet therapy. So anyways, our animal hospital is the place where most local towns animal control officers' bring the dogs that they find to be kenneled and taken care of until their owner claims them. I would say about 80% of the time their owner picks them up that day or the next day. After 5 days the animal is able to be put up for adoption. It is so sad the number of animals that come in and their owner never picks them up or tries to look for them. We don't know their name, history or anything. Last week an animal control officer brought in a chocolate lab puppy that was probably 6 weeks old (soooooo cute) that he thought was just dumped! She was the sweetest thing ever. Today she was adopted by a wonderful family which was so nice to see! If the animal is not adopted out of our hospital within about 10 days the animal control officer usually takes it to Lollipop Farm to try to get adopted there. After that we really don't know what happens to the animal, if they get a good home or not. It is so sad sometimes, because after they are there for so long we all get so attatched. I have to say that everyone who works there has at least one animal that they adopted from animal control! I however am maxed out with 2 dogs that are already a handful! But when the time comes and we are looking for another dog I will definately wait until the perfect dog is left out by their owner and brought to us and give it a good home. So I guess the whole point of my story is if you know anyone that is looking to adopt a dog, puppy, or even kitten let me know and I will be on the lookout. We very frequently get purebred dogs that need a home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment