Thursday, May 29, 2008

Flowers and fun

Memorial weekend Brad and I went to the Public Market and bought all of our perennials and annuals for our garden in front. I love going to the market on flower days. I always want to buy tons of flowers even though I have no place to put them. I always end up with leftover annuals. On Sunday and Monday we spent the days, weeding, planting , and mulching. I am not going to lie, Brad did about 90% of the work. I really just told him how I wanted it, or didn't want it, and hung out with Olivia on the grass. I did do the flower baskets and the window boxes, but that was pretty easy. So tonight Brad, BJ (the dog), Olivia, and I spent a little while outside admiring our work. I must say that all of the neighbors had endless comments about how beautiful the front of our house looks! So even though our bathroom is in shambles, our garden looks pretty good!

















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your house is adorable!
Your dog looks a lot like our dog...what kind is he/she? I just went to the public market for the first time a week ago and still have not planted my flowers..tsk tsk. When are the flower days....Sundays?

Amy Jo said...

Flowers look great! Good job to Brad, and how nice of you to give credit where credit is due!

That orange cat looks so much like our "Sunny"! Reminds me of when we first got him as a kitten. If only they could stay that little. How cute to hear that Olivia screamed when she saw the kittens! They'll learn to move fast out of her grasp!

mom said...

Hi Colleen,
What a wonderful job gardening, the flowers are lovely. Speaking of lovely, little Olivia is cuter by the minute. I enjoyed the video. Glad you are doing the blog thing too, lets me keep up with you. You girls are so funny, I get a kick reading you all. love, Aunt Debbie