Thursday, May 8, 2008

How long does it take to become a "supermom"?

So I got the idea to create a blog from my cousin Amy Jo. I love reading her cute and funny stories and visit it frequently. She is always showing off her latest crafty ideas that she is doing around the house and I LOVE them! In my eyes Amy is a "supermom" She has 2 beautiful children, that are now both on the move, works part time, has a beautiful well kept house, and still manages to have time to do crafty things! Oh and by the way she is always looking fabulous! I always say to my Aunt, I don't know how she gets out of the house so early with 2 kids and still manages to look so good. So my question is how long does it take to get that good???? Olivia is now 8 months old, and I don't think I have done one crafty thing since she has been born. I have hundreds, maybe over a thousand pictures of Olivia that desperately need to be scrapbooked, but yet, in my free time I try to catch up on my tv shows or take a nap or just end up being lazy. Lately I have been taking naps with Olivia for at least 2 hours a day! Thats 2 whole hours that I could be spending scrapbooking her beautiful pictures, cleaning the house, etc. I must say though that napping with her is one of my most favorite things to do. It is the best feeling in the world to wake up and look over at her smiling at you! Ok so I am now going to motivate myself to get things that I always want to do done! In my infrequent spare time I will not watch tv or lay on the couch...we will see how long this lasts! :) Thank you Amy for motivating me to be a supermommy!

1 comment:

Amy Jo said...

awwww. Thanks for your sweet comments. I'm a "wanna be" too. I look at your super clean house and I'm seriously jealous. If you were to stop over right now you'd see 3 piles of unfolded laundry (that have been there for days) and yogurt smeared all over the dining table. The yogurt is fairly recent. :) I'm so glad you started a blog! I'll put you on my list of links...