
Ha ha who am I kidding! So last night Olivia woke up 3 times...yes she is 1 and still waking up 2-3 times a night. I have to say this is totally my fault. All I can think when she starts crying at night is that she is sitting there waiting for her Mommy to come and cuddle her and wondering why she isn't coming...so of course I always go. Well last night, well actually morning, at about 5 I put her back to sleep and she woke up like 2 minutes later and started crying again. If I had gotten up again that would be 4 times out of bed...and I was thinking this is ridiculous, I am TIRED. So I let her cry...after about 15 minutes I started crying too. I felt so incredibly awful, she was crying so hard sitting there waiting for her Mommy to cuddle her. Brad woke up (yes he slept through 15 minutes of earth shattering cries) and kept telling me to wait it out and was of course laughing at me because I was crying. But after about 30 minutes she fell back asleep all by herself and didn't wake up till 8am when we normally get up. I of course couldn't fall back asleep right away because I still felt awful and then was worried about her breathing and everything because she had cried so hard. But anyways I am totally dreading tonight. I know I have to stick to it, but I hope it doesn't take too many of these torturous nights for her to start sleeping better. Wish me luck!
P.S this picture of Olivia was taken when she was only a couple days old! She still looks so peaceful when sleeping. I have to say even when I am up in the middle of the night I love to just stare at her and watch her sleeping so peacefully.
1 comment:
Aww she is so cute...anyway you have to do it for you and for her....she is old enough it is time....unless she is teething or sick..plus you will be up soon enough with baby #2 :)
Post a Comment