Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bananas



I had four huge rotten bananas left over this week. I will be honest...I usually throw them out!!!! I know that is awful and was unaware that I could freeze them for later use. But Monday I decided to do something with them! I made whole wheat banana bread and Banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!

The whole wheat banana bread is my favorite. I think because it is actually healthy, made with whole wheat flour, honey, and applesauce. That's right NO sugar!!!! I thought it would be totally gross, but it is sooooo good. Seriously I love it. Ohhh and of course I added chocolate chips to it so my kids would eat it...but everyone needs a little chocolate right???

The cookies came out good also. They are of course not as healthy because they do contain sugar, but I did reduce it and substituted white flour for the whole wheat flour. The kids love them. They are really soft cookies and easy for them to eat. I think from now on I will be freezing my bananas that no one eats so I can at least repeat the bread recipe!


Recipe's can be found here if interested!

1 comment:

debbie said...

hmmmm sounds good...can almost smell that bread!
xoxo aunt deb