Thursday, May 8, 2008

I am in love with my DVR

I have to say that the DVR is one of the greatest technical inventions, next to the phone, light bulb, computer, television, cell phone, and car, of course! I just posted a bunch of TV shows that I am currently obsessed with, and it is all thanks to my DVR. When I worked 3pm till midnight (and we didn't have a DVR) I had forgotten what a TV show was. Now I record at least one show every night. The following night after I read Olivia her bedtime story and put her to bed, I get all cozy in my bed or on the couch and watch one of my fav TV shows. The DVR is great for us because we usually go to bed fairly early...10 pm at the latest and that is of course when most of my obsessions are on. I think my favorite thing about the DVR is that you can fast forward through every commercial and it cuts each show down by at least 15 minutes. Let me tell you that when you are a mom 15 minutes is crucial time that should not be wasted on commercials! I use my DVR so much that when I am actually watching live TV I try to fast forward through the commercials out of habit, and then I get mad when I have to wait till the show comes back on! So if you don't have a DVR you should try it out!

1 comment:

Amy Jo said...

I totally agree that there is no time for commercials in a mommy's life. We don't have DVR like normal people; Brian built some computer program that tapes stuff for us. It's really complicated so I don't use it, and it doesn't record in HD, so we still sometimes watch "live" TV. (especially for Lost). Hey, you should DVR "signing time" for Olivia. It's on PBS at 2am. I don't know how many kids are really taking advange of that programing time slot, but we tape it for Joshua