Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Soccer mom wannabe


On Monday morning I dropped off our Ford Escape due to the negligent (not on our behalf) accident that I had previously posted about and was eager to pick up our rental car that I will be driving for the next 1-2 weeks. Of course when I got there the Enterprise person was not there yet so I waited to see what kind of car we were getting. Brad had previously spoken to Enterprise and told them that a Toyota echo (extremely small) or anything close to that was not an option as we have a child and car seats and everything. They said that we would get a midsized car and the women said she would reserve the biggest CAR they had for us. So to my surprise the Enterprise women came in and walked me out to a minivan! A 2008 Chevrolet Uplander to be exact. OK so I was terrified, I have never driven a minivan or anything so big. It looked like a bus! I mean the Escape is big but not that big. So then we opened the door and I looked in and there was mud, dirt, sand, and rocks all over the floor. I think the lady saw my face and was like oh my goodness I don't know why this is so dirty! I was like ummmm yea it is pretty dirty. She asked me if I was in a hurry, and I said no....I am a mom with a million things that need to be done at home...I am always in a hurry. Anyways we went back to the office and she cleaned the whole car out for me and washed the outside. When it was all done I got in and pulled out onto Ridge Rd. Within seconds I fell in love with this minivan. I don't even know why...it was sooo quiet, smooth and luxurious. There was so much room for all of my stuff. When I got home I put Olivia's car seat in and it was soooo easy, and Olivia is right at my height so I can put her in without bending over and killing my back. They bestest ( I know that is not a word but it is the bestest) part is that I can climb right in when it is raining and buckle her in with no problem at all. So I have decided that our next car will be a minivan regardless of the soccer mom stigma etc. I WANT A MINIVAN!!!

2 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Interesting... I havn't driven a mini van since I learned to drive when I was 16. I wonder how I would feel about it now... I bet I'd love the same "mom friendly" features that you mentioned.

Anonymous said...

I LOVED my mini van. I agree, it was the bestest, so much easier with kids!...and always had room to take a few extra along.
Aunt debbie