So our vacation is over, Brad went back to work this morning and I will return back to work on Wednesday as usual. This is our playroom or whatever we will make it. As you can see it is still not completely finished but Brad did a lot of work on it last week. It is fully painted "Apricot light" except for the corners because he said they still needed to be sanded down since it was new drywall. Really the only thing we have left to do is the trim and the outlet covers. It looks so different, I wish I had taken pictures before they put up the walls. Brad put down one of those click together wood floors and it looks really pretty with the paint. I can't wait until it is officially done so I can decorate it!
One of the reasons why the room is not finished is because during our vacation on Wednesday night at about 8pm we were rear ended on Mt. Reed Blvd. FUN. We were sitting at a red light for like 1 min just waiting for it to turn green when all of a sudden we were hit from behind. This lady drove right into us, like didn't even squeal her tires braking, no skid marks, nothing, just drove into us. She drove into us so fast that her airbags deployed in her car. Olivia was unfortunately with us and started screaming and crying right after it happened. I got out of the car immediately and got her out of her car seat to make sure she was OK, while Brad went to check on the "stupid" driver. Olivia was fine in the end, just scared from the noise and the impact. She was actually laughing and talking to all of the firemen (I think she likes a man in uniform!) The firemen asked how everyone was, I had a little pain in my head and neck, but I totally expected that and thought really nothing of it. Then the fireman went to look at the baby seat to make sure it was in secure (which of course it was) and noticed that my headrest had broken right off of my seat! He immediately came over to me and grabbed the back of my neck and told me not to move! I was like ummmm really I think I am OK, but he insisted that I go to the hospital to check things out. So there I was on Mt Reed Blvd on a flat stretcher thing, which the neck brace and my head taped down to the board....can you say embarrassing? He he, I of course am grateful that they were concerned and made me go just in case. I of course ended up fine but with a realllllly stiff neck until about Saturday. So Thursday we were on the phone all day with insurance companies and had to take the car to a collision shop bla bla bla. We had to waste a whole day on crap that we would have never had to do if that "stupid" lady was watching what she was doing. I am very grateful that everyone was OK but every time I think or talk about it I get so angry, 1 because she endangered the life and scared that crap out of my daughter and also most gave me a heart attack because I couldn't get out of the car fast enough to make sure she was OK. 2 because what the HECK was she doing???? She literally drove into us with no braking involved...we were at a RED light which means STOP. I really just don't get it. 3 because we had to waste a whole day of our vacation on crap that we should have never had to do. Oh and by the way our car is still drivable, but the bumper is destroyed as well as the front driver seat will not move back or forth so I cannot drive it since it is stuck in Brad's position. Which leads me to another frustration about this...I HATE driving the car. I had been driving the truck for months and it was so easy to get the baby in and out and I just LOVE that truck and now I am stuck in the car and then a rental CAR. OK so I am done ranting about it. Again I am really glad and thank god that everyone was OK and hope that this lady will watch what she is doing from now on.
2 comments:
Good to hear no one was hurt but I totally get your feelings about losing a vacation day and all that goes with it. I like the color you chose for the "playroom" also love those laminate wood floors they will hold up well to the little ones :)
wow.. I'd be mad to lose a vacation day too. I can't believe you were on a strecher! There's one more thing you can say you've done now!
The room looks good; tell Brad he did a good job! now about the bathroom.... :)
Post a Comment