Lately the girls have been fighting a lot over toys, books...you name it. If one has a doll, the other one wants it and I have to be the referee and one always ends up crying because they don't get what they want. Olivia watches her toys very closely in fear that her "bully" sister Belle, as we have nicknamed her, will come up and snatch something. She refuses to share with her because Belle usually steals her toy or book. Isabelle will hold on for dear life and pull that toy as hard as she can to get it out of Olivia's hand. She usually ends up winning! I try to always give it back to the person who had it and get the other child a toy close to what they wanted...blah blah blah... I am getting sick of this already. I almost feel like I should leave them alone and let them work it out themselves.
How do you teach sharing???? Anyone have a fun way that the kids actually get? I try to teach Olivia that Isabelle is still learning and doesn't understand that she can't grab things but she certainly doesn't care! I know this is totally normal, but I guess I didn't expect it to come so soon! I can't wait till they are teenagers and stealing each other clothes! That should be fun!
2 comments:
Its true, this is only the beginning. I often thought that the perfect gift to give a mother having a second child is a cap and whistle...because the new role you take on is referee! Its not easy...but usually the youngest can be distracted with another toy, so teaching Olivia, to be patient and present something else, sometimes works. If the "fight" continues over one toy, the toy then became mine...and put up. Have fun. = )love you honey....Aunt deb
I so love your new blog. It rally helps me get through these tough days at school. You are one awesome Mom. We may be getting chick eggs at school. the girls can come in and watch them.
Post a Comment