Thursday, March 4, 2010

Owls and Hummingbirds

Lately Olivia has been watching this hummingbird site I found online: http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/Hummingbird-Nest-Cam. It is a live web cam aimed at a hummingbird nest. She enjoys watching the Mommy bird come and go and looking at the eggs (I think there are 2 now). Today I introduced her to this website :
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-owl-box. This is a live web cam on a barn owl. She is obsessed with it! She asks to see the owl all the time and even ate her lunch at the computer watching the Mommy owl, Molly, eat her lunch! She is currently sitting on 6 eggs that are all supposed to hatch in a couple of weeks. I am excited to see all of the little baby owls! The creator of the site also says that the Daddy owl comes late every night and brings the Mommy owl a mouse or something for dinner! If you look closely you can see in the nest all of the left over bones and hair from it's food! They actually have a night vision camera set up as well but I haven't stayed up late enough to catch a glimpse of Magee the Daddy owl, although he does have some videos of him on his site! Anyways If you have kids they might enjoy watching either of these sites and also learn a lot from it like Olivia and I!!!!


1 comment:

debbie said...

Can yo believe I cannot access these sites. the country of Kuwait blocks it. Amy sent me one of Gracie and it was blocked. very sad. I think it is wonderful Olivia likes these! She is learning and appreciating nature!!!
Wonderful!!!